The Waldorf salad may be over a century old, but even today, it remains a timeless American classic. This recipe salad it belongs to foods low in fat Most consumed in New York.
- 1 bunch of celery, thinly sliced.
- 6 apples, chopped or sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped.
- 2/3 cups whipping cream.
- 1 1/3 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 1 dash white pepper.
- Mix apples, celery and walnuts.
- Whip the cream to the soft stage and fold in mayonnaise with a spoon and add salt and white pepper.
- Add the covering to the salad just before serving, adding only enough to moisten well.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top for better flavour, texture and eye appeal.
New York Recipes