- 2 slices of Rye bread.
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing (or to taste).
- Corned beef (5-6 ounces, thin sliced).
- 1/3 cup Sauerkraut.
- Swiss cheese (2 slices of quality cheese).
- Spread 2 slices of Rye bread lightly with Thousand Island dressing.
- Top one slice with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Put a layer of sauerkraut over the cheese, then top with sliced corned beef and then a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Top with the second slice of Rye bread, dressing side down.
- Butter the Rye bread on the outside with soft butter and grill the sandwich in a skillet until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet, cut sandwich in half and serve.
New York Recipes