- 1 Pound lobster meat.
- 1 Pound crabmeat or scallops.
- 1 Pound shrimp.
- 1 1/2 Pound mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 Cup celery chopped.
- 1/2 Cup roasted peppers chopped.
- 3 Teaspoons butter.
- 1 Cup buttered breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 Cup sherry.
- 6 Teaspoons unsalted butter.
- 1/2 Cup flour.
- 3 Cup whole milk.
- 1/8 Teaspoons paprika, or to taste.
- 1/8 Teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste.
- 3 Cup cream.
- 9 Egg yolks.
- Melt the 6 teaspoons butter in a saucepan over low heat and blend in the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, without letting it colour.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously, and cook for a few minutes, until the sauce gets smooth and thick.
- Stir in the sherry, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Calmly beat together the egg yolks and cream and stir them in.
- Heat the sauce just enough to thicken it, stirring, but do not let it boil or the yolks will curdle.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool the sauce.
- In a sauté pan, melt the 3 T. butter.
- Add the celery and mushrooms and cook until softened. Do not brown.
- In a large bowl, combine all the seafood, roasted peppers, celery and mushrooms. Mix gently to combine.
- Add mixture to a lightly buttered 13x 9 casserole dish.
- Pour the cooled sauce over it.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- As soon as it starts to bubble around the edges it is done.
New York Recipes