New York is the most popular and largest city in the United States; many people want to work, study, visit or live in New York because of the many laboral opportunites that it offers. It also offers adventure and fun in this city and the challenge of living in a place with a diverse culture.
Moving to New York City
There are important things that you have to do before you arrive or move to New York. The principal one is get a permanent visa for the United States of America; it is an essencial step specially, if you are a foreigner who is moving there to live and work.
You also can get a working Visa, or a student Visa depending on your case.
There are different ways to gain a permanent residence status:
When you have gotten all legal documents to live in New York, the next step is to find a job in New York city; this is relatively easy but finding a place to live in, can be difficult because of the house prices or the high rent payments. However, you can look for some movers that will help you with the search.
- Through employment.
- Marrying a US citizen.
- Putting up an investment in New York.
- The Diversity Visa Lottery Program.
The best place to live in New York is the northern part where you can find the best options for any lifestyle, the cost of living is reasonable and there are many touristic places to visit.
Tips for a pleasant move
Here are useful tips that will help you in your moving to New York City:
- When you start a moving, the main fact that you have to consider is getting help, you can consider friends or relatives but sometimes they will not have enough time and it is when working with any of the moving companies in New York became the best option.
- There are some things that you have to find out before hiring a professional moving company, for example, if they provide interstate moving services or just in-state moving only, it is important that you check for the background of the company. This professional service is better when you have to move large or expensive appliances, you want the best movers to handle things such as: TV's, refrigerators and beds. It's the best way to move your belongings safely. Check out which options better suit your needs.
- If you are planning to move to another state it is important that you be sure that all your belongings are on inventoried, and that the moving company provide you a copy of the contract of lading.
- When packing it is important to make an inventory as said before, it is also recommended that you have enough cardboard boxes in order to begin your packing. By the time you end your packing, it is important to label each box with a number and a description about what it contents.
- To make a move quiet and easier it is important to have enough supplies, such as: tapes, markers and boxes.
- Make sure that the moving boxes are too heavy in order to make easy the transportation of them.